Friday 14 October 2011

Shadow.

So I'm trying to get creative with shadows. I've not had much luck so far, they're all a little too obvious. I'm looking at natural shadows (not really very many because it's not exactly been very sunny to make anything outside) but also thinking about maybe setting something up.

This photo uses the light coming out my bedroom onto the bannisters on the landing, not very exciting though I don't think.

This is one is from the light hanging from my ceiling. Bit different.


These two are from the slats in a dining chair. Again not particularly exciting, been done before.




These four are variations on the same thing, I just can't decide which I like best.
I don't usually like portrait photographs, but because the shadow was long you can see it all when shot this way. I had about 10 minutes to get these - they're from the light coming through the blinds hanging in my window and hitting a flower garland I have hung over my bookcase, and the sun was setting, hence the differences in light. I think these work well because the small amount of light accentuates the large and smaller shadows, the shape of the window shadow looks a bit like a church window (or I think so at least!) and it's not immediately obvious what it is. I might play around with this idea again tomorrow, light permitting.

1 comment:

Make my day? Leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...