Monday 4 June 2012

Over the Rainbow.

I saw these cupcakes on weheartit and knew I just had to try them myself!


Unfortunately, mine didn't turn out quite so well. The blue and the clouds worked fine, but the rainbow laces, which I bought from Tesco, were too thin and weak to hold their shape, so they just collapsed :( they also weren't very vibrantly coloured like the ones above are, so I'll need to find some better ones if I want to make these again.


I've got a couple more ideas I want to try next:
This idea, from My Chic Life (follow the link for the recipe) looks like a bit of a faff but it comes out so well!

This one is also from weheartit and it looks like you put hundreds and thousands in the mixture. Can't wait to try it out!

2 comments:

  1. Oh these are wonderfully sweet! What a cool idea! I tried putting the hundreds and thousands in cake batter a while ago and it did work well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh I'll definitely have to try that next then! Did they stay solid and crunchy in the cake or did they melt a bit?

      Delete

Make my day? Leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...